Each year, the National Stem Cell Foundation of Australia awards and celebrates two exceptional mid-career stem cell researchers with the Metcalf Prizes for Stem Cell Research.
Applications for the 2016 Metcalf Prizes have now closed.
The prizes recognize and honour the exceptional contribution made to stem cell research by Emeritus Professor Donald Metcalf, AC, FRS, FAA, who died in December 2014.
The prizes support the National Stem Cell Foundation of Australia’s mission to promote the study and use of stem cells in the prevention or control of disease in human beings and to enhance stem cell public education.
The Metcalf Prizes, each worth $50,000, are awarded to:
- one male and one female stem cell researcher
- working in Australia
- between 5-10 years past their PhD or MD (research-based).
In 2015, the Metcalf Prizes were awarded to:
Read about the inaugural Metcalf Prize winners Kaylene Young
and Jose Polo
Key dates for 2016 Metcalf Prizes
- Applications open: Tuesday 1 December 2015.
- Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT Wednesday 30 March 2016.
- The two winners will be notified by mid-May 2016.
- The Metcalf Prizes will be awarded at an event in June 2016.
How to apply
- Read the selection criteria, prize conditions and FAQ.
- Draft your application offline using the template.
- Prepare your full CV including full list of publications.
- Complete the online application form, including uploading your CV and list of publications.
- Sit back and wait while applications are sent to the jury panel for review and shortlisting.
Please note: we will only receive applications via the website.
Please do not send references or any additional information to us by email. It will not be used in the judging.
If you have any questions about the online form or the application process, please contact Ellie Michaelides from Science in Public, which is administering the Metcalf Prizes for us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the draft template
We strongly recommend that you draft your application offline before submitting your application online, as you won't be able to save your online application and go back to it.
You can download this template for your draft, but please note that the online form will only support basic formatting.
We will not accept applications forms as Word documents or PDF. You must submit your application using the online form.
Ready to apply?
Applications for the 2016 Metcalf Prizes for Stem Cell Research have now closed. Winners will be notified by mid-May.