From ethical organoids to accelerating cell and gene therapies: annual international scientific meetings go virtual
Scientists in Australia and around the world will be able to participate in two major conferences without the costs of international travel.
The International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy 2020 Annual Meeting (ISCT 2020) and the International Society for Stem Cell Research 2020 Annual Meeting (ISSCR 2020) have both adapted their programs to take place online. This virtual offering will allow the communities to share knowledge, collaborate and network within the constraints imposed by coronavirus pandemic.
ISCT 2020: ‘Accelerating Cell and Gene Therapy Adoption: From Proof of Concept to Standard of Care’ – May 28 – 29
ISCT 2020 will be accessible remotely and on-demand, including live and recorded sessions that are certified for accreditation programs, in addition to networking events, poster halls, and one-on-one partnering opportunities.
The program features:
- ‘The Force Awakens’ – an opening plenary showcase of COVID-19 therapies in development, with live Q&A
- A look at the history, present and future of gene engineering
- Emerging issues in unproven therapies
- Addressing the practical challenges of industrialising CAR T-cell therapies.
More information and to register: www.isct2020.com.
ISSCR 2020: ‘The Future Starts Here’ – 23 – 27 June
The ISSCR Annual Meeting brings together scientists, clinicians, business leaders, ethicists, and educators from more than 65 countries.
This year’s program features:
- A keynote address from Sekar Kathiresan, CEO of Verve Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on treatments for heart disease
- Four core themes of tissue stem cells and regeneration, cellular identity, modelling development and disease, and clinical applications
- Sessions on the progress of cell therapies and tissue engineering to the clinic
- Ethical considerations for brain organoid research
- A science advocacy and communication seminar
- A Women in Science panel discussion.
More information and to register: www.isscr.org/meetings-events/annual-meetings/isscr-2020-virtual.